Analyze website for SEO
Want to Analyze website for SEO? Well, Calculating client’s website from the search engines perspective is one of the most typical task for any beginner. This analysis helps in the report generation for our clients, Knowing the best and easy steps for website can help in reducing the time we spend in preparing reports. In this post you will going to find all the steps documented with free tools and plugins to analyses the S.E.O. needs of any website.
The initial and the most important step for web analysis is the selection of proper keywords
- Always plan to initiate working with no more than 10 Keywords. Although clients used to tell about their keywords but if in case you are responsible for the same use to Keyword Planner Tools like
- Keyword Planner by Google – https://adwords.google.co.in/KeywordPlanner
- Keyword Research by Bing – http://www.bing.com/toolbox/keywords
- Now selecting the long tail keywords have low search volume although high relevant audience for our business. The common long tail keywords comprises of service name with location like for a Delhi based institute dealing in digital marketing the keyword will be “digital marketing institute in Delhi“.
- To promote a website in google you can even go with the related searches option Google offers at the end of every search page.
- You can also search the trending keywords list using various online tools like Google Trends https://www.google.co.in/trends/
After approval of the keywords we need a basic report for our keywords. This report majorly contains the keyword ranking on any particular date and that too search engine vise.
|Keyword||Date 1||Date 1||Date 1||Date 1|
For Firefox you can install plugin like SERPTrends that will add a numeric ranking in front of every search engine’s result.
Finding the technology of any website helps you in estimating time frame of delivery. If you only have knowledge in PHP then you might take take in optimizing a website built with ASP so its better to find out using what platform the website is made. Along with language or framework know the hosting and SSL details also helps in accurate calculations. You can easily find out this by installing a simple free Plug-in for Firefox named Wappalyzer, this plugin displays the technology details in the address bar of your browser.
If you are not interested in installing any plugin to your browser you can use online tool like Built With http://builtwith.co, this website displays all the details just like Wappalyzer.
Knowing the page count of your website can help in calculating the time multiples as we know we need to optimize every page for better results. The simplest way to calculate any website’s page count is by generating its sitemap, you can do the Sitemap generation by visiting https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/ or any similar website.
Apart of the page count we need to double check the Plagiarism, Grammar and Spellings on every page. Apart from manual checking we can use some online tools too for Duplicate Content checkup.
Second most important factor is to check whether the page is indexed by Google or not. to check the cache of Pages use:
A quick analysis on home and random inner pages can help in finding the quality of HTML codes of the webpages.
- Press CTRL + U (in web browser like Firefox)
- Find Title (approx 60 character with spaces)
- Find Description (approx 160 character with spaces)
- <H1> tags – for ease you can install toolbar like Wave that is a Plug-in for Firefox
- Alt tag (For images)
- W3 Validator (Quality check for Source codes)
Analyze website for SEO using Online Tools
We have various online tools that helps to analyze website for SEO and even in generating a rough report for your website, although I always suggest to create a personalized report for your clients. Some of the tools that can help to make your job easy are:
- WooRank – An online free tool for your website’s audit
- GTMETRIX – One of my personal favorite for page speed test. this tool not only provide you data of page speed by Google
- SEO Quake
Off Site or Off page analysis
With onsite we also need to analyses the offsite parameters. Some of the common factors are number of back-links, Number of Relevant back-links, Back-links on high PR websites, Back-links on penalized website. Back-links on trusted and reputed websites etc. We also need to analyze our competitor’s website for more accurate off site results. some of the common and most popular online tools to Analyzer Back-link are:
In my upcoming post I will share how to prepare an audit report for the website.